Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2026

I Tried Becoming British for a Week. Here’s What Happened.

 Life Update:

I’ve been going through a few changes lately. It might be shocking to some.

I was watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail the other day and realized I enjoyed it way more than my favorite comedy, Dumb and Dumber.
That’s when I got concerned… because suddenly, I wanted to become more British.

I started learning the metric system.
I started eating things called Scones.
I started drinking Tea — lots of Tea.

Then it escalated.

I played Polo.
I wore a monocle and started saying, “Hear, hear, my good man…” to strangers.
I even called the bathroom “the Loo” and said “Cheers” when someone handed me a receipt at Target.




I briefly considered driving on the wrong side of the road to feel more authentic, but apparently that’s a BAD idea and “not how America works.”

In the end, I found out there’s an extra tax for tea in Britain.
And as an American… that’s historically where we draw the line.
So my journey to become more British ended right there.

U.S.A.! U.S.A.! U.S.A.!

No comments: