Depending on the weather, the age range of your family, you may have to adjust on these suggestions, but here are some;
1. Local Zoo/Aquarium. Sometimes we miss alot of cool animals that are right around the corner in our town,
2. County Museum. The exhibits are constantly changing, and it may be worth checking it out again,
3. Revisit the Library. Sure, we know there are books to read and check out, but don't forget, some still check out DVDs. They also offer story reading, etc,
4. Draw the Day. Get out some crayons and paper, open up the window, and draw what you see,
5. Play a DVD that's still in the wrapper. We all impulse buy a DVD now and then. It might be time to play it, and have a popcorn and movie afternoon,
6. Guess the song. Most of us have an MP3 player, or music on a desktop or laptop. Sit the family around, and play certain songs to see if others can guess which song it is within a certain amount of time (Maybe use an egg timer).
What other cheap fun ideas have you tried and want to share, and some stories of what happened?