Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Let's Go Green Already!


















So, I may not be the sharpest pencil in the box, but if we need to "Go Green," then let's do it. The picture here is a Winco (but you probably have a similar store that does the same thing in your area) grocery store/warehouse, and they have a bulk product area. You go, get a bag there, fill up whatever you need and go. It works with rice, granola and other items, so let's go all the way.

My wife and I are constantly buying plastic jugs of this or that, but what if there were vats of all different kinds of laundry detergent, bleach, dish washing liquid, etc, and you bring back your old jug and fill it up with whatever you need. I also suggest that if people start doing that, the stores and makers give a sizable discount to save money on packaging. If its cheaper to go green, people will do it more often.

Anyway, that's the way I see it. What do you think?

Thanks for reading, Jeff

5 comments:

Taylor-Made Wife said...

I think thats a great idea!

Diminishing Lucy said...

Jeff, you read my mind. I am always chuntering on about the need to do something about the plastics packagking of detergants and similar. The petrochemicals used in that type of plastic is toxic. To resuce its production via true recyced use would be a brilliant first step.

I do my own version of this by buying, for example, the MASSIVE 15kg carboard box of laundry powder. And then I decant it into a Tupperware. Heaps cheaper and much much kinder to the environment that an additonal 15 plastic bottles.......

Aunt Juicebox said...

That's a very good idea! I'd love to see that actually happen.

The Invisible Seductress said...

Great idea!!! I have never seen that before!!!

Concord Carpenter said...

Great concept and really needed!